Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Broll Management

I've been thinking about factors that impede my progress in poker. One thing that always lingers in my head is bankroll management. I have been guilty (x 10) of playing outside of my broll too frequently, and as a result, I find myself starting over many times. I probably have never actually played at any limit with a comfortable broll (even when i was super robusto in the spring cuz that broll build up came from playing outside of my broll). I guess I am too eager to play higher than to play better. For example, just yesterday I played 25NL with only 8 buyins!! Some of the motivation for this redonkulousness might be pride, some of it might be impatience. After tanking my broll multiple times, I really should play within my broll to avoid insanity. I think my lack of broll management may have changed my psyche while I'm at the tables - I probably get frustrated way too easily. I think I will start fresh and work my way up like the norm, instead of trying to play short rolled. Bah.

Anyways, I have not been playing much poker the past two weeks. I won't even have enough pts to make iron man this month :( cuz other stuff has kept me entertained/busy. Maybe once my job is over, (next week) I can start playing again, at 10NL like my broll suggests.