Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hola Amigos!

Howdy. I'm Alg, and I "play" poker. Right now, I'm playing at 25NL and hope to go robusto. I try to play whenever I have time but my summer job messes that up. My goal for the summer is to play consistently at 50NL, but first I have to build up my broll to handle that limit....after swinging at HU, I'm currently around 500ish. I will try to move up when I hit 1K or quit when I go busto. I will probably use this blog to write down my thoughts and interesting spots I encounter.

So, today I played in this rakeback freeroll that occurs every month for people who earn some amount of rake. I usually don't play donkaments because they take so much time and the chance of getting in the money is low. I started off by stealing the blinds to test the waters. Shortly after, I tried bluffing by check-raising an AcKc8c with Kd9s after being the pfr, but the d00d raised allin. So, with a small stack I just played super tight. After a while I got a rush of cards allowing me to get a big stack. So, I just sat around waiting for bubble boy. Eventually, I busted 92 out of 624 and made it in the money. My final hand was my KK vs AJo allin pf.

Here's an intereting hand:



At this point in the donkament, there were only 20 or so people left before the money. Normally, I would easily 3bet the pfr with AKs but I got scared of busting....I guess I should have done it anyways. Flatting the flop is also probably bad as I know nothing about his hand and I commit even more chips with just two overs. He probably has a pp here, a worse ace, or even broadways that I could have bluffed him off of, but I was too skerd of committing chips here. I played this hand badly.

Anyways, I will have to study more and grind out 25NL 6max. Also, HU is the gay, imo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

man, what a fish

Bruce said...

HEY I JUST READ YOUR BLOG. ITS PRETTY GOOD.TRY TO MAINTAIN THIS LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE IN THE FUTURE.

Meng said...

HALLO SENOR HOMBRAY!